Service Coordinator-Terrell TX
Position provides assistance to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in accessing community-based services and resources. Responsibilities include assessment and verification of service coordination needs, service planning, referral, monitoring of service provision, advocacy for consumers, after-hours crisis services, and documentation of progress. Responsibilities involve frequent contact with consumers, family members, and service providers. Extensive travel within the local service area is required. To accommodate consumer and family needs must be able to work a flexible schedule, including after-hours, holidays, and weekends.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
Employee benefits at Full Time Include:
- Employer-Cost Sharing of Health Insurance (Includes 50% of Elected Dependent Coverage
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer-Match Retirement Contributions (Up to 5% of Base Salary)
- Optional Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
- 12 Paid Holidays per Year
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation per Year with Graduating Accrual Rate
- 2+ Weeks of Paid Sick Leave per Year
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a qualified social, behavioral, or human services field, such as psychology, counseling, sociology, criminal justice, human development, rehabilitation or social work. Or a HS diploma or GED, plus graduation from Partners in Policymaking and personal experience as an immediate family member of an individual with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record, as well as personal automobile liability insurance as required by the state of Texas.
Preferred Qualifications: One or more years of work experience serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities; working computer skills; and bilingual skills (English/Spanish).