Administrative Assistant-Quality Management Department
Position is responsible for supporting the general administrative functions within the Contracts and Quality Management department. The following are essential duties of the position:
- Must be knowledgeable of office practices, administrative procedures, and of contract management policy and procedures. Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures and effectively communicate same to internal and external customers, to identify problems and take corrective actions; to prepare and submit reports; to understand and follow instructions; and to gather specific information from documentation systems.
- Format and review contract documents and amendments; assists Center program staff and contract providers with contract issues; disseminates relevant information to contract providers and Center staff; conducts technical reviews of contracts to verify that data meets requirements; maintains and reviews contract file information and reviews and/or verifies contract data included in contract management database; resolves billing problems with contractors; assists with negotiating process for contract renewals.
- Establish and maintain work unit files and databases.
- Perform data entry; gather, assemble and format data to create simple reports.
- Position requires an advanced level of organizational skills, tact, diplomacy, and planning to accomplish assignments and works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Position prepares and maintains confidential materials, correspondence, memos, reports, and complex spreadsheets to be retained in paper or electronic files, working from a draft and/or from transcribed data.
- Compose written communication and proofread documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Gather information to draft e-mails, memos, and other documents.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials, and correspondence.
- Attend meetings; record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain inventory and order/purchase office supplies; arrange for equipment maintenance; process work orders for facilities repairs/needs.
- Track and monitor budget, gather information and process expenditures for payment, and prepare fiscal reports as needed; may interact with vendors on quotes and invoicing.
- Within the department, greet customers/visitors, provide information and/or refer as appropriate; direct, review, screen and process telephone communications and mail; act on routine requests and/or refer.
- Must demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, positive conflict resolution, and priority/time management.
- Marginal public relations functions such as serving on the Public Information group, receiving advertising requests, brochures, distributing state news clips or information, and will be back-up to the PNAC liaison.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointment and management department Outlook calendar, meetings and travel itineraries, and schedule conference rooms.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, make reservations, and process reimbursements.
- Perform general clerical/administrative support duties to support unit personnel (e.g., filing, copying, faxing, taking minutes of meetings, typing letters and correspondence).
- Serve as resource to others on a variety of subjects including office equipment, software application usage, and information processing procedures.
Salary: $18.1690/hourly, 8-5 Mon-Fri (Flex)
Employee Benefits at Full Time Include:
- Employer-Cost Sharing of Health Insurance (Includes 50% of Elected Dependent Coverage)
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer-Match Retirement Contributions (Up to 5% of Base Salary)
- Optional Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
- 12 Paid Holidays per Year
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation per Year with Graduating Accrual Rate
- 2+ Weeks of Paid Sick Leave per Year
Requires high school diploma or GED, plus 4 years work experience that would evidence advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of supporting Executive level individuals or teams. Knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Must have proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as proficiency with routine office equipment (i.e., copier, fax and calculator). Must have a valid Texas driver's license and acceptable driving record, as well as personal automobile liability insurance as required by the state of Texas.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field. Four (4) years of work experience with emphasis on contract review or procurement activities.